Veron Andouille and Grits
FEEDS 4-6 PEOPLE
- 1/2 pound of VERON LARGE ANDOUILLE
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup of Fresh seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite cajun seasoning
- 2 cups of Instant grits
- Read box of instant grits for instructions and start cooking.
- Cut andouille into little quarter pieces or half pieces. Whichever you prefer.
- In a large skillet, melt the 1/2 stick of butter on medium and add your seasoning blend, minced garlic and cut andouille. Saute for about 15-20 minutes or until the onions are clear.
- Add heavy whipping cream with a cup of water and let simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Add about a teaspoon of your favorite cajun seasoning. You can add or subtract depending on your taste.
- Serve over grits, sprinkle a little parsley and enjoy.
**You can also add Shrimp to this recipe for a little extra cajun flavor**
- 3 lbs cubed pork (Boston Butt or Temple Meat)
- 1 lb of Veron Smoke Sausage (Mild, Hot, or Green Onion works fine)
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1 lb of Diced Yellow Onions
- 2 tbs of Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs of Worcestershire
- 1 Tbs of Hot Sauce (2 if you are feeling spicy)
- 2 lb of Extra Long Grain Rice
- 3 Cubes of Chicken Bouillon
- 1 can of your Favorite Cajun Seasoning All
- 1.6 quarts of water (52 Ounces)
- In a 10-quart Black Iron Pot, Pour 1/2 cup of cooking oil and turn up heat to medium high. Put cubed pork in pot along with the 1tbs of worcestershire and 1 tbs of hot sauce and brown meat.
- Once pork is brown, lower heat and add the 1 lb of diced yellow onions and 2 tbs of minced garlic. Do not let onios stick to the bottom of the pot. Cook down until most of the liquid is removed from the onions.
- After the onions are cooked down, add the sausage, water, and 3 cubes of chicken bouillon. Bring water to boil and let boil for 5 minutes. Add your favorite cajun seasoning all to taste (Rice will soak up a good bit of seasoning).
- After water is seasoned, Add rice to water and bring back to rolling boil for 7-8 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- Bring heat to low and put the lid on for 30 minutes. (Heat settings may vary to different stoves)
- After 30 minutes, turn the heat off and enjoy your Veron Smoked Sausage Jambalaya!!
1 12oz pack sliced bacon, cut in small pieces
1 lb lean pork, cubed
1 lb sliced Veron's smoked sausage
1 lb sliced Veron's andouille
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
1 tbs hot sauce
3 cups chopped onion
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
2 tbs minced garlic
1 15oz diced tomatoes with liquid
1 can beef gravy
1 small can sliced mushrooms with liquid
10 crushed chicken bouillon cubes
3/4 gallon water
1 cup green onions, sliced
2 lbs uncooked spaghetti (#3 size)
optional for color: a splash of Kitchen Bouquet
In a 10-quart cast iron dutch oven (with a lid): Cook the bacon over medium-high heat until it is soft and about 3/4 done. Not crispy like breakfast bacon - just rendered for the grease. Add all the meat to the pot and season with worcestershire, hot sauce and cajun seasoning (to taste). Brown for several minutes, stirring often. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Add bell pepper, celery and garlic. Stir well and let cook for another 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, beef gravy, mushrooms, bouillon cubes and water (and kitchen bouquet for darker color). Let cook at a rolling boil, checking and stirring every now and then for about 10-15 minutes. Add green onions and stir. Break the spaghetti by hand and add to the pot. Let it come back to a boil and stir to incorporate. Cook at a boil for 10 minutes. Stir well, lower flame to very low and cover. Let sit for about 15 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- 1 pack of VERON SMOKED Sausage
- 1 can of crescent roll dough
- 1 box of cream cheese
- 1 jar of pickled jalapenos
- 1 bag of shredded parmesan cheese
- Cajun Seasoning
Cut the sausage links in half. In rapidly simmering water, parboil the sausages for 5 minutes. Remove from water and let cool. Preheat oven to 375. Roll out crescent roll triangles. Slice the cooled sausages in half lengthwise. Half them again lengthwise if you prefer less meat per kolache. Place the cut sausage on the widest part of the triangle, top with a slice of cream cheese and jalapeno. Roll the dough with the sausage to the end of the triangle. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
Black Eyed Peas w/ Veron's Andouille
2 cups chopped creole veggies (onion/bell pepper mix)
1/2 pound diced Veron andouille
2 lbs shelled Black Eyed peas, fresh or frozen
1 box chicken broth
1 lb peeled small shrimp
In a big pot or dutch oven, heat a little butter or olive oil to sweat the veggies. Add the andouille and peas, cover with broth. If the peas aren't covered, add enough water to cover them. Season well. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer until peas are tender (about 20 minutes). When the peas are tender, add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are pink. Check for seasoning. Serve over rice.
Buggy's Green Beans
1/2 pack of bacon, cut in small pieces
1 bag of frozen seasoning blend veggies
1 lb MARTIN'S PICKLED PORK, cut in small pieces 1 14 oz pack of VERON SMOKED SAUSAGE 2 lbs frozen kitchen cut green beans
2 large red potatoes, cut in small pieces
In a large, deep skillet or soup pot, render the bacon pieces over medium heat. When the bacon begins to get opaque, add the veggies and cook over medium high heat, until soft. Add MARTIN'S PICKLED PORK and VERON SMOKED SAUSAGE, stirring well. Cover and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes. When the meat is tender, add the green beans and potatoes. Stir and season well. Cover and cook an additional 15 minutes over medium low heat. When green beans and potatoes are tender, it's done.
NOTE: You can substitute ham or andouille for the pickled pork.
Blackened Chicken Pasta
- 4 packs of skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 packs of VERON Smoked Sausage
- 3 green bell peppers
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 white onions
- 4 bunches of green onion
- 4 packs of penne pasta
- Blackened Seasoning
Cut up chicken, season with blackened seasoning, put into hot pot, simmer until 3/4 done, then add sausage and white onions, cook until onions are tender. Add peppers and cook until tender. Add green onions when you add pasta. Boil pasta in separate pot, then add to other mixture with a small amount of olive oil (if needed). Season to taste.
Chicken and Andouille Gumbo
- 1 Pack of VERON SMOKED ANDOUILLE
- 1 Pack of VEROM SMOKED SAUSAGE
- 1 pound of chicken thigh meat
- 1 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cups of cooking oil
- 1 pack of green onions
- 3 medium onions
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 gallon of water
- Cajun Seasoning
Slice VERON SMOKED SAUSAGE and VERON SMOKED ANDOUILLE. Cut chicken thigh meat in small pieces. Peel and dice onions and green onions.
Make a roux with 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of cooking oil in a 10 Quart pot. Once brown add onions and meat. Add 1 gallon of water and 6 chicken bouillon cubes. Add green onions towards the end. Boil for 1 hours. Season to taste.
- 1 pack Veron Green Onion Smoked Sausage
- 1 lb. seasoning mix
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 pack of mushrooms
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 can of cajun season-all
Cut Sausage in 1 inch slices. Start by browning onions, tomato paste, and sausage together. Once it has a good color add spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Season to taste and enjoy. Extremely simple!!